This recipe makes Guinness punch which is a creamy delicious beverage that is perfect for Christmas. The reason I love to serve it at Christmas is because of the cinnamon and nutmeg in the recipe which I find always gives food and drink a Christmassy flavour.
Guinness punch is a beverage that has been made in my family for many years. It is a very common drink in Jamaica and the rest of the Caribbean though the recipes do vary. Many recipes also include Nurishment which is a meal replacement shake. It is normally used along with condensed milk to add sweetness and flavour. I choose not to add Nurishment to my Guinness punch mainly due to the high sugar content. Instead, I use condensed milk alone to sweeten the punch.
This version is quick, easy and doesn’t use too many ingredients. It is creamy and spicy from cinnamon and nutmeg with a distinctive sweet and bitter Guinness flavour. This beverage is so moreish and though I tend to serve it at Christmas, it is perfect for any special occasion.
Ingredients for Guinness Punch
- Guinness – use foreign extra stout which is Guinness brewed in Nigerian.
- Milk – I use whole milk for a creamier texture.
- Vanilla extract – use good quality vanilla for better flavour.
- Nutmeg – I use ground nutmeg.
- Cinnamon – use ground cinnamon.
- Condensed milk – use to add some sweetness to the punch.
How to Make Guinness Punch
1. To a blender, add all the ingredients and blend until combined.
2. Serve immediately with ice or refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Ensure you use foreign extra stout (Nigerian) Guinness for better flavour.
- This recipe makes around 1 litre of Guinness punch.
- The foam that the guinness produces will reduce when left in the fridge. If you want to serve it with the foam then serve immediately after preparing.
Nutrition based on 1 serving - Calories: 243kcal | Fat: 5.1g | Saturates: 3.3g | Carbs: 31.7g | Sugar: 24.4g | Fibre: 0.1g | Protein: 4.8g | Salt: 0.15g.
You can store the Guinness punch in the fridge and it can last around 1 – 2 days. Store in a covered jug or container.
Recipes you may like!
- 600ml guinness foreign extra stout (Nigerian)
- 250ml whole milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 200ml condensed milk
- To a blender, add all the ingredients and blend until combined.
- Serve immediately with ice or refrigerate and serve chilled.