This creamy seafood sauce also known as marie rose is perfect as a seafood dip or as an addition to any seafood sandwich. The recipe is quick, easy and uses simple everyday ingredients that you will probably already have to hand.
I adore prawn sandwiches and regularly enjoy them for lunch. They are a simple quick lunch and perfect to make when I’m super busy. Previously, mayo was my go-to condiment for prawn sandwiches but now this simple sauce is my fav.
This sauce is creamy and delicious with a slight tang to it and you can use it for dipping when serving prawns or shrimp. You can use it in any seafood sandwich and it goes great in a prawn cocktail starter. Overall, this sauce will go with any seafood dish. It takes less than five minutes to make this sauce which you can make beforehand and store in the fridge until you need it.
Ingredients for Seafood Sauce (Marie Rose Sauce)
- Mayonnaise – I use reduced fat mayonnaise.
- Tomato ketchup – a small amount of ketchup is needed for this recipe.
- Lemon juice – a small amount is used.
- Black pepper – use good quality black pepper.
- Garlic powder – or fine garlic granules.
- Onion powder – or fine onion granules.
How to Make Seafood Sauce (Marie Rose Sauce)
1. To a small bowl, add and mix together all the ingredients then serve.
- This recipe makes 4 small servings, you can easily double the ingredients if you need more.
Nutrition based on 1 serving - Calories: 49kcal | Fat: 4.1g | Saturates: 0.4g | Carbs: 2.6g | Sugar: 1.1g | Fibre: 0.2g | Protein: 0.3g | Salt: 0.26g.
Store this sauce in the fridge and use within 2 days.
Recipes that may interest you!
Seafood Sauce (Marie Rose Sauce)
- 60g mayonnaise reduced fat
- 10g tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- To a small bowl, add and mix together all the ingredients then serve.