Looking for a healthy, low-calorie lunch then try these delicious tuna lettuce wraps! They are also low in carbs so they are perfect for those who want to reduce carbs in their diet.
These tuna lettuce wraps have become one of my go-to lunches as they’re delicious, quick, easy and to prepare and though I no longer follow a low carb diet, I love making them as I enjoy them so much.
They are made by combining tuna, mayo, chopped red onions and chopped cucumbers which is then added to some lettuce leaves and topped with grated carrots and avocados. If you prefer, you can also use all the ingredients to make a delicious nutritious tuna sandwich which is what I sometimes do if I’m in the mood for bread instead.
There is no cooking involved and you can have these healthy tuna wraps ready in less than 10 minutes. If you need a quick healthy lunch that also taste good then you will love these tuna lettuce wraps.
Ingredients for Tuna Lettuce Wraps
- 4 lettuce leaves – use any lettuce that is firm enough to hold the filling.
- 60g canned tuna – I use tuna in brine or spring water.
- ¼ red onion – chop into small cubes.
- 50g cucumber – slice and chop into cubes.
- 25g mayonnaise – I use light mayonnaise.
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper – optional ingredients.
- 1 small carrot – peel and grate.
- ½ avocado – chopped.
How to Make Tuna Lettuce Wraps
1. Wash the lettuce leaves and dry with kitchen towels.
2. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, red onions, cucumbers and mayonnaise. Sprinkle and mix in the black pepper. Add the mixture to the tuna leaves. Sprinkle on the grated carrots and add the chopped avocados. Serve immediately.
Nutrition based on 1 serving (using light mayonnaise) - Calories: 229kcal | Fat: 13.8g | Saturates: 2.3g | Carbs: 9.1g | Sugar: 5.4g | Fibre: 4.2g | Protein: 18.5g | Salt 1.01g
You can make these tuna lettuce wraps ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours. If making ahead of time then prepare the tuna but don’t add it to the lettuce leaves until you’re ready to eat them.
Recipes you may like
- Tuna on Cucumber Slices - Snack
- Cream Cheese and Smoked Salmon on Celery Sticks
- Smoked Salmon and Avocado on Cucumber Slices
Easy Quick Tuna Lettuce Wraps
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 60g tuna (small can)
- ¼ medium red onion (chopped)
- 50g cucumber (chopped)
- 25g mayonnaise (light or reduced fat)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small carrot (grated)
- ½ avocado (chopped)
- Wash the lettuce leaves and dry with kitchen towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, red onions, cucumbers and mayonnaise. Sprinkle and mix in the black pepper. Add the mixture to the tuna leaves. Sprinkle on the grated carrots and add the chopped avocados. Serve immediately.