This recipe is for apple cinnamon overnight oats that are perfect for breakfast. The main ingredients in these overnight oats are oats, chia seeds, milk and chopped apples and they taste so good together. Though overnight oats are usually eaten for breakfast, they are perfect for any time of the day. You can enjoy them for lunch or an evening snack.
These overnight oats are quick and easy to prepare and just requires you to add all the ingredients to the same jar or bowl then place in the fridge. The oats and chia seeds will absorb some of the milk to create a pudding like texture that is so yummy. I usually prepare them before bed and they’re ready for breakfast in the morning. I don’t eat breakfast everyday so sometimes I enjoy them for brunch instead.
These overnight oats are not only delicious but also very filling and will keep you full for hours. They are high in protein with 12g per serving and also high in fibre with 10g per serving.
This recipe is perfect for those that have hectic mornings and want a healthy breakfast that is instant and can also be eaten on the go.
Ingredients for Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 40g whole rolled porridge oats – don’t use instant or quick cook oats.
- 1 small apple – chop the apple into small cubes. I use gala or pink lady apples for this recipe but you can use your favourite apples.
- 10g chia seeds – adds some protein and fat to the overnight oats which makes them more filling.
- 1 teaspoon golden syrup – you can also use maple syrup or honey.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon – goes perfect with any apple recipe.
- 165ml milk – use any milk of choice.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – for additional flavour.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
1. Add all the ingredients to a mason jar or bowl, mix all the ingredients together then place the oats in the fridge for at least 4 hours though preferably overnight.
2. Remove from the fridge and stir again. Top with more chopped apples or any fruit of choice then enjoy.
Nutrition based on 1 serving: Calories: 353kcal | Fat: 9.4g | Saturates: 2.7g | Carbs: 55.0g | Sugar: 25.6g | Fibre: 10.2g | Protein: 12.2g | Salt 0.25g
Store these overnight oats in the fridge for 2 - 3 days. Ensure you take the use by date of the milk into account when storing.
Recipes that may interest you
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 40g whole rolled porridge oats
- 1 small apple use any type of apples
- 10g chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 165ml milk use any type of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients to a mason jar or bowl, mix all the ingredients together then place the oats in the fridge for at least 4 hours though preferably overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and stir again. Top with more chopped apples or any fruit of choice then enjoy.